Monday, May 10, 2010

poem shizz.

“I Am Poems”

I am

Salt, Fridays, and Good times.

I like the sound of a sizzle and laughable memories.

Honesty, Integrity, and Humor are important to me.

I am a great friend.

I sometimes over judge

but its because of that I have solid friends.

Like a giraffe I can always see the bigger picture.

Through the hardships I hope to find fulfillment.

I wish to have stronger faith.

This is me. I am.

-Jp Yost

Seattle, WA

Things I learned last year

(with apologies to William Stafford)

by Jp Yost

Mayfly, when they reach adult hood,

it’s thirty minutes to a twenty-four.

Sometimes its better to learn from others

specially if its on mistakes.

A man in a kitchen

always cooking something up.

He will cook you something but

he’ll charge you for cooking school.

Rules are rules, meant to be followed,

Though they’re always broken.

If I ever die I’d like it to be

a setting, sun, on a grassy hill in the middle of fall. That way,

when the leaves fall, I’ll have warm colors to go with me, and

forever will I lay in my favorite quarter of the game.

In the moment in time, deciding whether left or right

you take a leap based on faith.

Believe in it cause its time that’s unrecoverable.

No comments:

Post a Comment