Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Quote Reaction 3/2

Of Beetles and Angels
Asgedom

"People always mistreated the angels my father said, because the angels never looked like angels. They were always disguised as the lowliest of beetles: beggars, vagrants, and misfits" (p. 24, c. 5)

as a reader: This quote really captured a lot of me because as a person I strive to better my self step by step. This meant a lot to me cause looking past peoples disguise or cover and getting to know them as who they really are is just magical. Treating others how you would like to be treated is another meaning I get out of this quote. Just the meaning of this quote is deep and powerful.

as a writer: this quote is written very well. Describing misfortunate people as beetles is very interesting because I have never seen anything like it and also having mentioned beetles which relates to the title "Of beetles and Angles" which made me more interested in getting deeper into the book to find out why its titled as is.  

No comments:

Post a Comment